...to provide a fun, positive, age-appropriate and safe running experience for ALL kids, including kids that do not wish to compete, our most competitive kids, and every child in between.
Ages and Skill Level
Beginner to Experienced
If you are on a high school cross country team, you are ineligible to participate.
Policies & Procedures
Running the club requires a lot of volunteers, especially during practices and meets. For this reason, there are mandatory volunteer hours required from EACH family. A $200 volunteer deposit is collected at registration and will be refunded at the end of the season for families who complete at least 18 volunteer hours (each practice is ~90 min) during the regular season.
Families who choose to participate in meets will be required to volunteer to help run the races. This is a requirement for the TO Flyers to be part of the conference. Responsibilities will be defined prior to the meet, but are typically ~90 minutes in length and may include course monitoring, finish line coordination or snack bar services.
Please volunteer. We'd much rather have you than the money!
Refunds will be granted to families who choose to not participate in the club through August 18, 2023. A 3% processing fee will be incurred. All refunds will be returned via the payment method used at registration.
Gremlin (8U) and Bantam (10U) Parent Participation:
The Gremlin (8U) age group is defined as runners 8 and under. These runners must have distance running experience and an adult must supervise them at all times during practice to ensure they are safe on the trails. If we find that this requirement cannot be fulfilled by a family, we will ask you to leave the club. No refunds will be granted after August 18, 2023.
We recommend that Bantam (10U) runners be supervised by an adult if the athlete is new to distance running and/or parents have a concern with their younger athletes being unsupervised on the trails.
Practice - Days & Locations
- All age groups will meet at a single location and workouts will be tailored by age group.
- 3 days a week
- 5 - 6:30 pm
- Specific days TBD
- Will be announced, listed on your team feed, and added to your athletes team calendar on the Crossbar mobile app
- Conejo Valley area parks and trails
- Locations will vary and be posted / announced via the website team feed and Crossbar mobile app.
- Is not mandatory
- Cross-country is a progressive sport, so we encourage your athlete to attend as many as your schedule allows.
TO Flyers Uniform Top
Only mandatory for meets
Uniform Top: $34 + tax
If you don't have one, you can purchase from our local vendor, BK Sports, in Newbury Park.
Try on sizes at the store before ordering on the website.
There are no exchanges or refunds on apparel.
On the Welcome page, select Thousand Oaks Flyers Cross Country
BK Sports Password:
TO Flyers XC team page: tofxc-895
- We participate in the Valley Youth XC conference (VYC) for meets.
- See link to the right for meet schedule.
Number of Meets:
- Typically 8 weekend meets.
- Mainly in the Santa Clarita, Palmdale, Mission Hills and LA areas.
- September through October
- 8:00 am - Approx. 11:30 am
- (depends on meet flow and number of athletes)
Meets are NOT mandatory
Info: Practice starts on August 1st, with the first meet in early September. We finish the season end of October with an end of season picnic early November. Post season goes until early December.
Note: The 8U age group is limited to 10. They must have distance running experience and an adult supervising at all times during practice.
Cost: $120 + Volunteer deposit $200 ($320 total)
Volunteer deposit is per family and will be returned at the end of the season when you meet the requirements for refund.